Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Christmas Freebie, Mon 4th

Hello all! This is the fruits of my labour on the first L*K stitching day that I took part in. I stitched the Peace Joy Love freebie with mystery threads and a green metallic thread leftover from a cover kit. I stitched it on 28ct Mushroom Jazlyn, my favourite fabric.



All the stitching was completed Monday and I finished it up as a felt ornament this morning. Apologies for its crooked state but I am a beginner when it comes to finishing.
I really enjoyed taking part in my first Monday Stitch-A-Long, bring on next week!
Bekca

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Chelsea said...

That's really pretty Bekca! I like the green metallic, but it drives me nuts to actually stitch with it. And the finishing is great, don't be so down on yourself! I bet it'll look GREAT on your tree. ;) And until Christmas time, make it a door hanger. Thanks for sharing such a pretty piece!

Unknown said...

Very cute finish, it's lovely and will look so nice on your tree. Yes you mustn't be so hard on yourself, my first finish ended up in the bin!! At least yours is respectable enough to be seen, its very pretty.

Karen said...

Kudos on being to stitch and finish an ornament! Cute...

can't wait to see what is next...

Angela said...

I love the sparkly green too but I hate stitching with it :) Cute ornament, it will look great on your tree.

Denise said...

Great Job Bekca!!
Happy Stitching
Denise